Saturday, December 5, 2009

Santa Barbara International Marathon This Sunday December 6



This Sunday Santa Barbara is hosting its first International Marathon and I am NOT running in it!  I have done plenty of half marathons in my day but a full marathon is exactly13.2 miles farther than I ever plan to run!  I will be out there supporting the racers and look forward to this event from the sidelines! 

The 26.2 mile point-to-point course starts at 6:30am one mile west of Camino Real Marketplace on Hollister Ave and follows just under a loop and a half through the semi-rural city of Goleta, travels through scenic and diverse Santa Barbara neighborhoods, and finishes at Leadbetter Beach in Santa Barbara.

Here is the map:





 For more information: http://www.sbimarathon.com and come on out and spectate.  A good friend, Andrea McLarty will be the swoosh that flies past you in black with purple nails and I will be out there cheering her on!  Go Drea, rock it sister!!!!